Trinidad & Tobago Association of Washington DC (TTADC)
Scholarship Program for 2021-2022
The Trinidad and Tobago Association of
Washington, DC, Inc. (TTADC) scholarship is an achievement/need-based
scholarship awarded to high-school seniors, college undergraduate and graduate students,
and students pursuing technical, vocational or cultural training. TTADC selects
annual scholarship recipients based on outstanding academic achievement,
community service, leadership, and financial need. These scholarships will help
fund full-time study at any accredited college, university, vocational or
cultural program within the United States.
TTADC supports its members and their dependents, as well as
students of Caribbean descent residing in the Washington, DC metropolitan area,
by providing financial assistance to ensure that higher education is more
attainable. Annually, the Association will award scholarships of varied amounts.
- Applicants must be over 18 years and legal US residents. Applicants under 18 years old will be considered upon proof of college eligibility.
- Enrolled or accepted as a student by an accredited undergraduate, graduate or community college, trade school or Caribbean cultural institution.
- Possess a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 unweighted scale (if applicable)
- Respond to the essay questions in the application
- A United States citizen or eligible non-citizen (resident alien)
- Grade point average
- Academic awards and honors
- Demonstrated commitment of service to the community
- Participation in an extracurricular activity, team, club or community service (athletics, clubs, yearbook, school newspaper, community services, etc.), awards, and honors.
AWARD DETAILS & GUIDELINES
Awards will not automatically renew and will be awarded as follows:
- An award of at least $1500 to an undergraduate student at a 4-year college.
- An award of at least $1500 to a student enrolled in a graduate program.
- An award of at least $1000 to an undergraduate student at a community college or vocational/trade school.
- Two awards of at least $600 for the Mavis Barnes Cultural scholarship to a high-school senior or first year undergraduate student interested in attending an institution offering cultural programs (e.g., institutions offering steel pan classes).
- Students may reapply each year as long as they continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
- Award funds shall only be applied to tuition & related education expenses at the following types of institutions: U.S. accredited schools, nonprofit 2- or 4-year colleges/universities, trade schools and cultural organizations.
- Scholarships shall be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and equipment.
- Students may transfer from one institution to another and retain the scholarship as long as the funds are utilized as previously approved.
- Download and Complete the application form located at APPLICATION FORM and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon acceptance of the award, recipient will be offered membership in TTADC and the membership fee will be waived for one year.